help you decide if you would like to lay down that cold hard cash to get one for yourself.
Today we here at (name of site here) are going to give you an in depth look at a bag
that could prove to be quit useful for a photographer of all levels.
Starting with the advantages for an amateur photographer. First and foremost, space.
This bag has six pockets to start with in all sizes to allow for storage of batteries,
memory cards, pens or a small notepad and even room for film. That is just the outside
compartments. Let’s talk about the inside now. With this bag, you are able to hold
several camera bodies along with most commonly used lenses. I personally have a 700
mm lens attached to my camera and there is plenty of room to place this in the bag and
still have room for a longer lens. The compartments inside comprise of three columns
that have adjustable walls to allow for shorter tighter spaces or even longer spaces for
an extra long lens. In this area I was able to comfortably hold one full camera, two 55
mm lenses along with four other cameras that had 55 mm lenses attached to the body.
Now for clarification purposes, it was one Canon ESi and four Nikon D40’s. Now I know
that this may sound like overkill but I can assure you that this gives you an idea of how
much space you truly have to work with.
Now, coming from more of a professionals point of view, this space is not only valuable
but highly sought after. This room not only allows for multiple cameras, but it also allows
you to easily keep your equipment together and accessible at a moments notice. As
convenient as this sounds, lets add the fact that there is a storage area that allows for a
computer to slide in and out of. I personally was able to stash a 17” Macbook Pro into
this slot while the bag was completely loaded. The power cord easily sat in one of the
side pockets and allowed me to transfer images to my computer on the go. I have found
myself needing a second laptop from time to time and it would be nice if there was room
for a second one but the fact that it holds one has made my travels super convenient.
Now let me talk about the material and weight of this bag. The weight will obviously
change depending on the amount of items that are placed in the bag it self. The crucial
part of the bag is the fact that it weights next to nothing when empty. If you combine this
with the feel of the material that is used in making this bag, you will find that it breaths
very nicely and helps combat against body heat. Now with that said, it won’t be able to
keep you from sweating more than normal especially on a hot day. My experience with
this particular bag had me carrying it on several above 100 degree weather days. Now
with most bags you begin to see sweat drenched shirts from where the bags laid
against the body, but this bag helped reduce the area in which was affected from the
heat. It did not completely prevent excess heat from forming, it just helped keep my
back cooler than a normal bag.
Now the overall make of the bag is what I was most pleased with. The largest
advantage in my opinion is how this bag is made to fit the standards of international
travel. The dimensions fit within the standards of luggage that is being transported on
any airline traveling outside of the United States. The two shoulder straps are wide
enough that they allow for the bag to remain sturdy while you wear it but not too wide
that may cause it to be uncomfortable. In addition to the shoulder straps are two
separate body straps, one of which goes across the chest and the other near the waist.
Both of these are small but definitely add to the stability and helps offset the weight of
the bag. As standard with most bags today, all of these straps are adjustable and the
strap that crosses your chest is attached to a bungi like material for a little extra give. I
have found that the main strap that crosses the waist has come undone from the bag a
couple of times. If I where to make a suggestion, I would like to see some kind of sewn
loop placed on the strap after it has been assembled to prevent this from happening.
Now this may seem like a dream for most, others may want to know about weight, size
and overall ease of use. For the amount that this bag can hold, most will be pleased to
know the relative ease of how this bag can slip on and off of your back. I have found
that it is of course easier to place this bag on a table or counter to help prop it onto my
back when it is fully loaded down but you will quickly find that there is a great balance
after you have strapped in. An added bonus to this bag is its size. I am 6’1” tall and have
found that it sits on my back without any problems. I could see the size of the bag
creating some issues for someone who may be shorter but I can’t complain as it holds
everything I need.
With the care and precision of taking care of the small details all the way to keeping in
mind that this bag can be the most important accessory when traveling, I have to rate
this bag 4.5 out of 5 with only two minor complaints.
No comments:
Post a Comment